Thursday, May 20, 2021

Per "Sueding" You with Holiday Cheer

 Per “sueding” you with Holiday Cheer



Welcome to the Technique Blog Hop! Cheers from our house to yours!



To see this project in my Stampin Up Store, click here.



I hope I can per "suede" you to try out the amazing faux suede technique. I had so much fun adding this layer of soft texture to my card. It added such a cozy and warm connection with the card greeting and color that I couldn't help but smile when I saw how it all came together. I could only imagine reading my cards by the cozy fire place and being wrapped in the soft cherry cobbler banner that was created.




I worked the paper using my bone folder in a curling sort of way over and over until the paper layers began to separate (see video here). I then gently pulled them apart and achieved the look I was hoping for on this layer of the card.








Hope you enjoy the blog hop and thank you for checking out my project! If you see something you love, please reach out and let me know. I would be happy to be your demonstrator and help you learn more about what I've shared and even help with placing an order if that would be your next step.


Check out Mackenzie's blog here > the next stop on the list:


Blog Hop Roll Call:
Amy Jo Farkas Rudd-you're here


Materials needed to recreate

Basic White card stock

Cherry Cobbler

Tidings of Christmas DSP with Stamps and Dies

In Color Shimmer Vellum Paper

Gold Foil Paper

Directions for paper sizing:




Base color-cherry cobbler.  Use 8.5 X 11 and cut in half lengthwise so you have a half sheet 4.25 X 11.  Score at 2.75 and flip it and score again on the other side to make the second flap.



Use trimmer and cut basic white card stock 8.5 X 11 in half lengthwise use ¼ of the paper for the inside.


Cut 6X6 piece of DSP to be 4 ⅛  X 5 ⅜  and then cut in half and adhere to front of card.



Directions for adding the shimmer belly band and faux suede strip.

  1. Cut strip of shimmer vellum to be about ¾ inch wide (use soft succulent or evening evergreen) wrap around card and seal on the front.

  2. Use large die cut star on a strip of 3 ⅛ inch X 12 inch strip of the shimmer vellum and run it through a die cutting machine.

  3. Use second largest star and strip of gold foil sheet and cut out star. Add tiny dots of tombo liquid glue to the back of the gold piece and adhere to a shimmer vellum star.

  4. Add sueding piece to the back of the star.  (sueding is done by teasing or curling the paper with the bone folder) by softening the paper, it weakens the fibers and the paper begins to separate.  As the separation occurs, it can be peeled apart showing the softened and sueded paper-revealing quite a treasure.

  5. Optional, add gold die cut stems and  berries from the die cut pieces of the stamp bundle.  It adds a layer of shimmer and shine.


 Directions for stamping:

  1. Cut a 1” X 2 ½ inch strip of basic white

  2. Stamp with sentiment of your choice.  "Cheers from Our House to Yours" is what I chose. 

  3. Stamp the sentiment using Evening Evergreen.  Or whichever coordinating color is best. 

  4. Finish off the stamp with pieces of shimmer vellum holly leaves and dies also cut with the dies from the set. 

  5. Add berries for a lovely finishing touch. 

  6. Finish off the inside with the smaller star and gold inset.









6 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!