Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Posted for You Party

 In the Creativity Cove, there are many treasures to be found this week.  The haul began with using the Posted for You Bundle which consists of a punch and stamp set designed to be used together-but I like to think outside the box and used it in other ways too.


The first card is what I call, "Sending Sentiments".  I love this idea because, it lends itself to many color combinations and sentiment options.  I chose to create the base 4 and 1/4 by 11 scored at 5 1/2.  Then added the color layer and a black layer.  I suggest the second layer be whatever color you stamp the initial image with so that it has a finished look.  Here's the pre-built pic.


Then I stamped the images and punched them out using the postage stamp punch.  I finished the look by stamping the "sending LOVE your way" sentiment and added a final touch of punching the end of the sentiment banner to match the other images.


The finished look:



The next card is what I call, "Spotlight Snap".  For this card, I thought of combining a faraway image and a close up image.  The Painted Poppies was the perfect candidate.  For the base, I used poppy parade (cut at 4 1/4 x 11) and then score at 5 1/2.  Then, I added base layers inside and outside the card of basic white (4 x 5 1/4).  On the front layer, I stamped the "pebble paint splotch" and then the poppies.  Then, I cut a 2 x 2 1/2 inch piece of red and stamped the single poppy flower repeatedly to cover the whole piece.  Next, I punched out the middle and I filled it with a white piece punched out and highlighted the single poppy image as if it was a piece of art in a frame.  To finish it off, I added some black organdy ribbon.


The finished look:


For the last card, I created "Sassy Swatch".  I created punch-outs from the postage stamp punch using the designer series papers.  You could use any color scheme and adjust for any background.  I knew I wanted to make three rows, so I adjusted the size of the punch-out by 1/8 of an inch to make it a shorter width.  Then, I arranged the colors in rows.  I also cut the rectangle punch-out to be square and a shorter rectangle to fit three colors across the card.  I added a bow tied from white trimmed in gold ribbon for the finishing touch.

The finished look:

If you are interested in making any of these cards, please see the image list below and shop the Stampin Up store for all of your crafting needs.  I hope you enjoyed today's treasure haul.  Have fun!  Until our next dig, happy making!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!