Thursday, January 19, 2023

Take Care to Learn Black Ice

 


 
Hello and welcome to the January  Technique Squad Blog Hop! This month, the squad is featuring the Black Ice Technique.  I’ve had lots of fun learning and playing with this technique.  There were several card making aficionados that I consulted to get ideas of how to do this as it was my first go.   

Step 1-pick metallic card stock-I chose copper…

You can easily search on Pinterest and find several examples of how the technique is done. This technique is very interesting to try and does require some specifics:  Stazon, Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, and metallic card stock.  

 Step 2-Swipe with Stazon!

I found it tricky to swipe on the stazon because there is not a place to hold to hold the card stock or it’ll show your fingerprints. So, start with a bigger piece you'll trim to get rid of finger prints or use a sorta sticky skinny layer of tape behind the card stock as you swipe (that’s what I chose to do).

After you heat set and cool, swipe again with verse mark and then sprinkle clear embossing over it-it will look like black ice on the road as it melts! Ta-da! Black ice!

This one was my first example. I cut a smaller rectangle out of the back layer with the stitched rectangle dies.



I stamped the heart from the country bouquet using the same color scheme of copper and black on white card stock and then cut it out, added dimensionals to the back and then added the sentiment banner. 

I am so happy I learned this technique.  I will say that I think it would have to be a for a special occasion-not a card you want to spend time making every day because of having so many steps…







Supplies:
  • Stamp set
  • Stazon black
  • Versamark
  • metallic card stock (color is your choice)
  • other coordinating colors as desired 
  • Heat tool
Now, click the "next" button to move on to our next stop on this hop.



Blog roll call:
  1. JoAnn Pollock
  2. Carole Garrison 
  3. Amy Rudd


    Thanks to JoAnn for organizing the hop!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you tied in the embossing with the foil. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!