I have loved sunshine and rainbows ever since I was a little girl. So the thought of using the Sunshine and Rainbows Designer Series Paper with fun fold along with the Rainbow of Happiness and Brilliant Rainbow Dies felt like the perfect combination for this Blog Hop. The technique I am showing is "fun folds".
I created the double-tent fold card to showcase the designer paper, dies, and heartfelt sentiment to bring cheer to a friend in need.
The beauty of the fun fold here is the unique score line that creates a layered look to the front of the card. I found the most beautiful example shared by Laura Seki and cased the idea from her. I changed up the layered pieces to strengthen the base of the card.
5.5 X 8.5 (2 of the same size pieces)
- 1 piece will make a block u. measure up 1 inch from the bottom, using your trimmer cut up the long side 1 1/4 inches in on both sides. score in the middle at 4 1/4
- 1 piece will have mountain and valley folds. Score at 1", 2" and 5 1/4"
- Add any DSP you choose (I used the Sunshine and Rainbows paper)
- 2 pieces that are 1 1/8 X 4 1/8 (these are the side pieces)
- 1 piece that is 7/8ths x 5 3/8ths
- 1 piece that goes on the front facing panel of the second layer that measures 3" x 5 3/8ths
- any other dies cut or punch pieces
- scrap for sentiment banner
- jewels (to add a little sparkle)
- ink (to coordinate with colors of your choosing)
Rainbow of Happiness Stamp
Brilliant Rainbow Dies
Sunshine and Rainbows Free Sale-a-bration DSP
Here is our Blog Hop Roll Call:
2. Donna Lester
3. Karen Egan
7. Amy Rudd <——you are here!
9. Vy Tran
10. Kristie Strum
Be sure to head to Carole's blog next! Thanks to Nicole Mahler for organizing our hop!